We use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) during our scanning and processing workflow to make the content of each page searchable. You can view the automatically generated text below as well as copy and paste individual pieces of text to quote in your own work.
Text recognition is never 100% accurate. Many parts of the scanned page may not be reflected in the OCR text output, including: images, page layout, certain fonts or handwriting.
Some Men are Like Camp; ‘That Man’ is Like WOW!
Horst Bucholz, shown at left, in one of more peaceful scenes from ‘‘That Man in Istanbul.’’ The villains have the gadgets; he has the girls. Plus a considerable agility . . . ingenuity . . . and a sense of humor. In a spot like this, what would you say?
“Well, if it isn’t Mack the Knife!” __
““l suppose you're making a point?”
“You sure this is a better blade?”’
(Or, write your own dialogue below)
LET ‘THAT MAN IN ISTANBUL’ PUZZLE YOU!
8. The things a man usually thinks worth making
9. Usually initiates the morning after
10. Admit the professor muy have a point
11. Supposedly moribund 19th century political philosophy (abbr.)
12. Where Humphrey Bogart spent a great deal of screen time
14. Domestic bill collector 18. A go go catalyst
19. The more, the more shocking
20. The bird who understands
23. The one thing he’ll
ACROSS DOWN 26. Roman gladiators
25. Yesterday’ 1. A timber tree esterday s mate
27. Florida, of all places!
26. A compound which may be _ 1. F k é Sat as 29. Hub of the Universe
5. Sometimes their values are regarded as formed by
] relative patiideatient of theeci 2. What a boy usually gives : : oie Trigger? 13. Before zippers there was be dnaes of an gees a girl 31. It’s nothing, nothing it all much for a man to esse. s ap or inorganic, by a 3. One American way of life 32. A syllable applied toa stanbul.’’ Naturally, you also 14. Stri en ydrocarbon radical thine ck, tone of the diatonic scale » problem or how unexpectedly} .°. PPers aim 98: Everywhere geass ac ; in solmization fit of a couple of fine script] '5Approval -plus check! -a: Erecttog, aoase tags
ius ncaa 30. A time when all that inspired by bread ANSWERS TO
2 writers, but then, you would matters is the present
-P : 6. ‘Yes, but is it?’’ Id you? If, however, you feel} '6 eet peenior wa Lote 33. Glieicead oe ic ee oo PUZZLE conds): 17. Turkish fez hue -34, Where the Greeks rallied make something ON BACK PAGE
elapse be vers Work This One Alone. . .Together. . .
came to Eveleen
22. Prof’s expression, means 8 is (anon Son poe Or as a Contest In Sex-Superiority! get?’’ frogi’” 24. Of each an equal quanAll you need is a partner (male or female, depending upon whatever _— bundling!’ aly eds it is you are majoring in, off-campus. . .two pencils. . .a classmate
who takes notes. . .and some spare time. Proceed as follows: (1) sharpen the pencils; (2) borrow some paper from the classmate who takes notes, and then lose him; (3) use the spare time in a vocabulary test. How many eight-letter words can you make out of the letters in ‘‘Istanbul’’? How many seven-letter words? Six-letter words? Five-letter words? (Four-letter words only if you’re a student at Berkeley!) When the spare time is up, cross out all words common to each of you. Remaining eight-letter words count eight points, etc. Best score doesn’t prove a thing about sex-superiority; that’s a different spare time problem!
orgotten —— that Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchavufish on my side; nobody fish in the middle.’’ This is an item and kindred controversial fields. If you are studying some1ame; you never know when it may come in useful. Practice ctice it while you’re seeing ‘‘That Man in Istanbul,’’ how